To Valentine's...

Love! 

Happy Valentine's Day my lovelies! 

Before I go on to talk about love, I want to take a moment to apologize for taking so long to post since the last time I posted. My sincere apologies guys. I have no excuse really, life just happened. I have been dreading this day, as I really hate apologizing but I couldn't let today pass without reaching out to you. I have been surprised lately to find out that some of you have been visiting to see if there's anything new on here! Like oh my world, I literarily couldn't believe my ears when someone called to ask why I haven't been posting! I have to say that I'm just doing something I love, and I honestly thought that only my friends were watching. I'm beyond grateful for this guys. It is very encouraging and your support is everything. I love you guys! 
 I hope my apologies and gratitude are accepted now. So can we move on now? 
Can you smell it??? What's that thing in the air, everywhere?! 
It's love guys. If you're an Internet junkie like me (which you obviously are if you're reading this), then you surely are feeling this love thing in the air. It's everywhere; Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, websites, blogs, name it! Today, February the 14th, is the official date to declare love to that special someone, and guess who I'm loving today? It's you! Don't look over your shoulder, Yes YOU! 
You deserve all the love you're getting today, and if you think you're getting none, I hope this is enough to convince you that you matter. You are loved. The world is lucky to have you, and you can happen to life too. You already happened to me. Please don't come and go unnoticed, leave a comment in the comment box about this outfit if you like, or say something about what you're doing today. Let's connect! You can also follow my Instagram account:  @ink_n_style and Facebook page : Ink 'N Style by MONAE. 
It is not enough to receive love, you can also give it, as I am now. Trust me, it does feel as good as receiving love. 
And yes, my outfit in today's post is inspired by love. Love for Self, love for you and love for life. 
Plenty white, with a touch of Red and another touch of brown to offset it all. Oh and Gold too! 
Peep my gold sunnies? Yas, I'm love struck, and I'm not hiding it. 
Slits are like my thing now, so this white skirt with a zipper front was a must while I was picking pieces to style this look. 

Full outfit details: 

Red blouse: Oldie but Goodie from Ronke Ogundipe (I.G: @sugarpunk02) 
Kimono, Skirt, Belt and Sunglasses: Haute closet (I.G: @mztobbie_) 
Bag and Purse: I.G: @sekinahshoegallery 
  
Something special today guys, I'm serving two posts today to make up for my long absence. 
I hope you like this one being the first, the second is hotter. So wait for it.....
DRUMROLL....
Have an awesome Valentine's Day Lovers!
Love and Love, 
MONAE.



Photography by: AyoFemi Photography (IG: @omo_harkin)










8 comments

I'll say it again- I want this outfit! Love the skirt, glasses and styling. And your eyes. (I'm not weird, I just think you have beautiful eyes :D)

Mira La Belle blog

Reply

I'm old yet I've not spent a valentine day with a girlfriend. :( nice outfit there

Reply

I sure did miss your posts... Don't let life get in the way of doing what you love....you were made for this (and greater things of course).... Happy Valentine's day... Monae

Reply

Thank you. You see so much good in everything, love it!

Reply

Red is always my thing..ur outfit is always on point..its good to read something new from you and I hope u had a beautiful valentine's day

Reply

Like it is my thing too, I used to detest it though. Lol. I'm glad you think this outfit is on point, and yes I did have an awesome Valentine's Day. I bet you also did. Thanks for leaving a comment. Love!

Reply

Thank you Tuyi, hopefully it gets better.

Reply

Post a Comment