Style: Playing Dress up


I like to reminisce on memories from my childhood, and one of my favorites childhood memories is playing dress up in my mum's wig or my Aunty's shoes.
Even my Uncles' slippers weren't spared.
 Sadly the clothes never fitted.
How sweet was that.
But even as I  grow older, I still subconsciously play dress up when i'm deciding what to wear.
Point is; Playing dress up never gets old.
"When we were small children, we all played dress up and everybody had a good time. So why stop?"
- Iris Apfel.
Playing dress up has it's own advantages, and can occur briefly on a Monday morning or for a lengthy time on weekends, when you can style different pieces in multiple ways and check them out.
Maximizing to the limit.


Like I did here, tying the bandana on the forehead to keep hair away from my face, and again around my neck for a more versatile chic look.


I Styled this ripped pair of highwaisted denim with a denim jacket and blue loafers, while accessorizing with a bandana (which was styled two ways though), ceramic bangles, a wristwatch, and shades.
I also re-styled by replacing the denim jacket with a dogtooth print shirt, a black purse, and a studded brooch. Oh, and shy(since you probably didn't obviously notice) knuckle rings. I didn't stop there, I paired with the same blue loafers, i switched the glass bangles for chain ones, and used the bandana, this time as a not-so-perfect bow on my purse.



 As earlier stated, maximize to the limit. (There's never a limit though).
I hope you like the pictures.
How's your day going? I just thought I'd talk style upon the sudden impulse to do so.
Today's Inspiration: (few words)
 Mastering isn't a click. It's a turnado. Be brave.
May your road be rough.
And have a lovely day!
Deuces and Kisses,
Monae.
Photo credit: AyoFemi Photography 
I.G: @omo_harkin 



12 comments

Photocredit!!!! ��...

Reply

Good job.I love this.

Reply

Good job.I love this.

Reply

This is cool dear. Me like it. You got style...

Reply

Monae this is dope! please don't stop...

Reply

Impressive write up. A bigger bolder expression from the previous. Keep up the good work.

Reply

Awwwn... I love this❤️

Reply

Post a Comment