20th : STEPPIN TO THE BAD SIDE




DING DONG!

 IT'S  MY BIRTHDAY!!!

I can't  believe it's  here already, even though I waited on it. Hope the holidays are going well for everyone?


Today's  post was inspired by a soundtrack from the movie Dreamgirls; STEPPIN' TO THE BAD SIDE, as it played from my ear plugs while I was deciding what I'd title this post.
Inspired by: stepping to the bad side sound track from the Movie;
Dream Girls.
Picture source: Web.
 Yes guys, I'm  stepping to the bad side, I'm  switching sides and crossing lanes  (or that's  what happens when you officially stop being a teenager). And what better way to cross borders than in the colour Red? Badass colour!




I chose this Red dress with a gold zipper for it's plain yet sophisticated  look. And that front slit. Front Slits for me are a perfect perfect way to show off hot legs. I paired with a silver necklace and white  bangles (oops, repeat guilty), white framed owl-eye sunnies, and white  newspaper  print  sandals and a matching clutch....
.....or a black ladylike bag (with mustard yellow charm for a pop) depending on the mood and suitability.

 I always choose comfort above everything  else when I'm  shopping but I couldn't  think at all about that when I first saw met these sandals. Like really, newspaper print?! Nice way to test my morals, o ye style gods. It didn't  matter that they were a couple of inches higher from my comfort zone. And they're  laced too incorporating  the "Lace up" trend.

Aren't  we stepping up?! Remember that saying about the ... 
"Best things never coming from comfort zones".
I don't  think that it is mere coincidence  that my birthday  is 2 days away from the New year, it makes New year resolutions  easier (later on the BLOG we'll  be talking New year resolutions). I am beyond grateful for how far I've  come, and I'm  hopeful about what  the future holds.
Also want to say thank you to my readers (present and future), thank you for being the audience  to my voice that was so hard to find. Thank you for reading and commenting and sharing. You guys make it all worth the effort. THANK YOU REALLY!
(Okay before I get emotional).

This is my cute silly smiley face.
You guys earned it. Haha


Like my look and want to shop it?

I got you!
Outfit Details
Red dress and Sunglasses: @miz_tobbie for Haute Couture
Newspaper print sandals and matching clutch: @sekinahshoegallery 
Black structured bag: @shopmaju

If you don't  have instagram but want to shop these items, please feel free to let me know. I could hook you up!

I hope everyone  is making NYE (new year's eve) plans already, it's  almost here guys!

May all of our dreams come true.
Don't  forget to let me know what you think by leaving a comment below;  at Ink 'N' Style, everyone's  opinions really count. And wish me a happy birthday too.
Today of all days, I am bursting with Love, love is all I have for you, till the last drop of ink from my own, I'll be loving you.
Dueces and Kisses,
MONAE.


7 comments

Wow nice piece
Happy earthstrong dear.Shine bright dear it's ur day.

Reply

Monae, classy pieces! Contrary to your last title, I feel you're stepping to your optimal - pursuing your passion well, with delicate talents. Keep it up!

Reply

It keeps getting better and better. Happy Birthday Princess.
Please don't stop...

Reply

Lovely piece,kp it up dear & happy bornday

Reply

You look exquisite...HBD

Reply

u look splendid. I pray as u grow in age u will grow in understanding n u will neva lack inspiration.

Reply

Again, superb writing. Nice dress and I love the accessories. Off to check them out!

www.miralabelle.com

Reply

Post a Comment