Accesorizing the Accessory

Seasons greetings!
I hope everyone is having a wonderful time with all the joy and cheer in the air. It's Christmas, well say post Christmas and it's new year soon. What's not to be excited about?
I'm doubly excited because it's my birthday tomorrow!!!! Do a back flip on my behalf, it's worth it....

So this is a mini post, since It's a quick one,
(And a weird post for a week start, but it's holiday season guys).
I just want to share with you guys a basic styling tip for accesorizing a purse.
A purse is one thing that telegraphs your style to the world. You could create an entirely different look from a casual tee shirt and jeans outfit, just with the right bag.
I love me a simple black purse, because of it's versatility, and uniqueness. I mean black has never been boring, but sometimes I love to spice it up. I bet y'all do too sometimes.
My favorite purse this moment is A black structured/ladylike Maju purse. It is made of reinforced leather that holds it's shape, and has both short and long handles for preference. It has a chic, vintage appeal for me.
So in a bid to spice this purse, I have recreated it's look by tying a vintage scarf that used to belong to my late grandmother, God bless her soul. The thing about this scarf is that it holds a lot of history and memories for me, and so it felt great to style my favorite black purse with it. I bet grandma is proud.

Also, I switched it up by pairing with this brown scarf that I bought from a supermarket's accessory rack, just in case you're wearing brown. I have rocked an all denim look with brown loafers and this black purse with the brown scarf tied to it's handle.


It could be anything; Ankara pieces, charms bangles, dangly earrings(especially if you can't find the second pair), or pearls. I'm yet to even try these, but I'm so going to try. I dare you to be different.
Hope the rest of the year runs smoothly for everyone of us. Have a great week start!
Deuces and Kisses,
Monae.



3 comments

Bonus points for Creativity.

Reply

brillant inspiration leading to a grt creativity and vice versa

Reply

I am doing this. I don't mean it like when we just say that as a compliment. I mean I am actually going through my scarves in my head and matching them with my bags.

<a href="http://www.miralabelle.com>Mira La Belle blog</a>

Reply

Post a Comment