Logbook: Week 1



Hello Lovelies,
I hope everyone is having a great week start, as I am, starting my day with Mass, and heading down to a shoot location. I make it sound like a huge deal I know, IT IS.
So This is the logbook entry for the past week.
I hope you Enjoy.

I am Beyond Grateful:
For 2015. It's almost over guys, and we're still here and for The Holidays; who doesn't love Christmas?
Apologetic:
For making you guys wait this long for the logbook entry, I'm genuinely sorry. I have my excuses, but they are not excuses really, I hope that the wait would be worth it by the time you're done reading.
Anticipating:
December 29th because I'm going to be a year older, and the new year, because it holds a lot.
Excited:
Because my Happy People Magazine boss got me on to something bananas, something better for y'all on here. More juicy details when it's new year.
Last Minute Revisions: 
For my examinations.
I'm writing 24 courses in 3 days, please wish me success.

Counting:
Blessings upon blessings, everything keeps getting better.
Reading:
Course materials from school.
Earlier during the week I tried doing a romance novel, epic failure. I woke up with the book on my face, opened at page 5. Funny, considering that I started my reading habit with newspapers and silhouette romance novels.
Wishing:
that I could travel and go skydiving, inspired by a documentary I saw on BBC.
Shopping: 
For gifts for my loved ones, I wanted to do a gift guide post for you guys on the blog but I felt it was too late. Let me know if it isn't. Like me, you might be doing some late Christmas shopping. I love the Christmas cards I bought, simple, classy and warm. They're so Monae..
Looking Forward: 
To watching the new star wars movie. That John Boyega guy be making a sister proud and crushing.

 Missing:
My mum, sweet soul. I can't wait to give her what I got her for Christmas..
Discovery:
It is official people! I have escalaphobia-the phobia for escalators. I hate to say it, but I guess the first approach to a problem is admitting there's a problem...
Growing up in a suburb town in south western Nigeria, Akure escalators were a movies thing. Until Abuja and Port Harcourt, and then Lagos.
Since then I have only tried to use it once, and boy, did I almost fall. Please don't laugh. I can't laugh about it even; it's pathetic. Sob.
That day at the mall in Ibadan, I had attended a party that happy people magazine was throwing. One boy I was speaking grammar for was there, I couldn't show my escalaphobia, so  I stepped on the escalator as I had seen him do and looked down, and that was my undoing. Thank God he held me, or they were all going to be calling an ambulance the next instant, not because I would be seriously injured(or who knows, shrug) but because I would fall and pretend to pass out, just so I don't have to give an explanation. Sigh.
I've avoided escalators in public places, airports, malls, and I don't even care that anyone notices. You don't know me, Thank you. So finally I have typed "fear of escalators" in my Google search box, expecting jumbled search results, but Google hit me up straight with "ESCALAPHOBIA". Fortunately, there is a solution on Wikipedia, trust me to read the entire thing. I don't need a therapist so I know I'm fine. Next time at the mall though, I'm using the Escalator, oh and I'll wear disguising makeup.
Photo source: Web.
Edited with Snapchat App.

That's all for now lovelies, I would love to tell more, but a sister has examinations and a lot of errands to run, so I have to Hit the hay at 3:22am.
I hope you like my pictures, despite the playful poses. It's a super casual look from my archives, I just thought I'd share. I paired a striped top with a slit leopard print maxi skirt that I totally love. I love clashing prints, even if I'm just stepping out for a stroll.
And my slippers match my skirt too. Grin.

Reading your feedbacks via the comment box is very motivating, Thank you!

I hope everyone has a great kick start to the new week. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Love, love and love,
Monae.
Photocredit: AyoFemi Photography
(I.G: @omo_harkin)
All pictures except escalator picture.

10 comments

This comment has been removed by the author.

Nice! Post worth reading everyday of the week.pls don't stop...

Reply

Baibey! Nice write up. Success in your examinations dear.

Reply
This comment has been removed by the author.

U will go places.brain and beauty u ve got.

Reply

U will go places.brain and beauty u ve got.

Reply

Simply beautiful gurl,

Reply

Post a Comment